Since 1999, the MSU Office of International Studies and Programs, in cooperation with the MSU Alumni Association, has sponsored MSU Global Focus, an annual international photography competition for MSU students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Every fall, hundreds of entries are received and evaluated by a panel of jurors made up of a combination of MSU faculty and staff with photographic expertise and professional photographers or studio owners from the community.
Every year winning images are chosen from more than hundreds of entries. These winning photos, along with information about the artists are displayed from the menu above. Framed enlargements of the top three photos, and the People's Choice winners, in each category are displayed in the International Center lobby.
Enter the Competition
To enter the competition you will either need to sign in with an MSU NetID or create an account using a personal email address.
Entries are due Sunday, October 11, 2015.
Rules and Deadlines
- Entrants must have an official connection with MSU, defined as MSU student, faculty, staff, retiree, alum and/or Alumni Association member. Entries from individuals involved in competition planning or judging, and entries from professional photographers, are not eligible to win, place, or receive major prizes although they may earn an honorable mention. Entries must be the original work of the entrant, and must be photographs taken outside the United States.
- A maximum of three photographs per entrant may be entered.
- An individual entrant may submit photos in only one of the three entry categories:
- MSU Student
- MSU Faculty/Staff (including Retirees)
- MSU Alum and/or Alumni Association Member
- 1st place, 2nd place, 3rd place, People's Choice, and an indeterminate number of honorable mention awards will be made in each of those three categories.
- One prize maximum per entrant.
Entries must be in either print format or print format plus high resolution digital. See the full Competition Rules for details.
Deadline for Entries: Sunday, October 11, 2015 at midnight EDT. Judging will be completed and winners will be notified as soon as possible thereafter.
Vote for Your Favorite Photos
Don't forget to come back after the deadline to vote for your favorite photos for the "People's Choice" award. Voting will be open from mid-October through early November.
We are delighted to share a collection of photographs, each one capturing a sense of wonder and beauty found somewhere around the world.
GLOBAL FOCUS BOOK: IMAGES OF A LAND-GRANT TRADITION
For more information visit the MSU Press at www.msupress.msu.edu.
International Studies and Programs
Michigan State University
427 N. Shaw Lane, Room 207
East Lansing MI 48824-1035