Step 1: Take the online survey called Beliefs, Events and Values Inventory (BEVI), Username = participant, Password = bevi, at https://www.ibavi-bevi.com/v2/ (/https://www.ibavi-bevi.com/v2/) (estimated time 20-25 minutes). This survey will ask questions about your global learning experiences and views.
Step 2: Go to the Web site https://angel.msu.edu (/https://angel.msu.edu) to create your electronic portfolio.
- Click "ANGEL Group Search" on the left. Type "Global Learning at MSU" in the keyword search box and click "search."
- Follow on-screen directions to create an electronic portfolio, where you will deposit copies of course papers or other work pieces related to international, global and multicultural learning. These could be assignments you have already completed during a course, study abroad experience, or other experiences that illustrate the knowledge, attitudes, or skills you have acquired. Examples include:
- Course assignments, research papers, presentations, personal reflections, applications for study abroad programs, etc.
- Photographs and digital images (such as artwork, maps, etc.) with commentary.
- Scientific experiments or research conducted abroad(annotated).
- After you have deposited at least five items into your e-portfolio, which should be conducted over 2 to 3 years at MSU, write a response to the common reflection question and questionnaire on the e-portfolio site.
Step 3: After completing the common reflection question and questionnaire, take the BEVI a second time. This will allow us to compare your experiences and views before and after your global experiences.
Thank you for participating in the study.
We appreciate your contributions to enhance global education and experiences at MSU.
By completing step 1 you will earn a free ice cream cone from the MSU Dairy Store and be included in a drawing for an MSU study abroad scholarship.
In addition, by completing steps 2 & 3 your name will be included in a semi-annual drawing for a $250 gift certificate that can be used to support international travel.
If you wish, you will be invited to participate in special opportunities such as discussions with world renowned speakers, free tickets to events on campus, and other opportunities to enhance your global learning.