Information Regarding Immigration Executive Order
On Monday, March 6, President Trump issued a new Executive Order restricting immigration from six countries—Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen—effective March 16, 2017. The new order revokes and replaces the previous Executive Order on immigration that was issued on January 27.
For the latest updates, please visit the Office for International Students and Scholars website.
Thursday, March 16
International Center, Room 115
This session will help you understand the Executive Order, how it may or may not affect you, and what resources are available to help support your studies at Michigan State University.
- Sekhar Chivukula, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education and Dean of Undergraduate Studies
- James Dorsett, Director of the Office for International Students and Scholars
- Radhika Pasricha, Associate General Counsel for Michigan State University
- Judith Stoddart, Interim Dean and Associate Provost for Graduate Education
- David Thronson, Professor of Law and Associate Dean for Experiential Education, MSU College of Law
The following statements are in response to the January 27 Executive Order. Any updated statements related to the March 6 Executive Order will be posted as they become available.