Office for International Research Collaboration
The Office of International Research Collaboration (OIRC) works collaboratively with faculty across campus to assist in developing large, multi-disciplinary, multi-college research proposals for external funding that focus on college and university international research priorities.
Office of International Research Collaboration
Michigan State University
427 N Shaw Lane, Room 4
East Lansing, MI 48824
Phone: (517) 884-2987
Fax: (517) 353-8765
Finance and Proposal Administrator
Callista Rakhmatov, Ph.D.
NSF Proposal Point of Contact
Funding Opportunities Database
International Research at MSU
Subscribe to OIRC funding updates
Sign up for OIRC's funding updates delivered directly to your inbox.
OIRC uses its knowledge of Michigan State University's faculty and international involvement to advance MSU's international/global research strengths.
The Office helps assemble and support transdisciplinary research teams to address international and global problems. This assistance allows research teams to effectively and quickly respond to viable and important international research opportunities.
OIRC services are designed to bridge institutional research facilitation gaps by combining the university's international research capacity with its vast network of collaborators throughout the world. OIRC services are without cost to faculty or departments and range from comprehensive management of proposal production to budgeting and review services.
- Provide comprehensive management of proposal process
- Prepare and track calendars, task lists, and agendas
- Ensure proposal meets solicitation requirements and deadlines
- Share sample proposals and related documents
- Edit and format proposal
- Write capability statements highlighting MSU’s and PI’s expertise
- Provide templates and examples
- Summarize and interpret solicitation
- Troubleshoot questions
Budget and Contract Services
- Create proposal budgets and budget narratives
- Liaise with the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) for budget approval
- Complete and route MSU e-transmittal
- Collect and complete certifications and personnel documents
- Liaise with sub-contractors and prepare sub documents
- Submit proposals to donors (for example, through grants.gov)
- Facilitate collaborations with other MSU faculty
- Link MSU faculty with potential external partners including other universities, development firms, and strategic partners abroad
- Assist faculty in identifying funding
- Send weekly email updates with funding opportunities
- Conduct market research on donors, awardees, and funding trends
- Evaluate MSU’s competitiveness on opportunities