The Office of International Research Collaboration (OIRC) works collaboratively with Michigan State University's world area studies centers (/units/) to assist faculty in developing transdisciplinary research proposals for external funding that focus on college and university international/global research priorities.
As part of International Studies and Programs (ISP) ( (/units/)), OIRC places priority on projects that:
- build on MSU's existing strengths;
- are focused around university and college strategic research priorities;
- are forward-looking and high impact
- integrate with scholarship; and
- have a high return on investment.
The Office's primary support will be given to projects:
- that focus on MSU's international/global research priorities in food, sustainable environment and development, health and nutrition, and education;
- that have the potential to generate significant external funding.