The Office of International Research Collaboration (OIRC) works collaboratively with Michigan State University's world area studies centers to assist faculty in developing transdisciplinary research proposals for external funding that focus on college and university international/global research priorities.
As part of International Studies and Programs (ISP), OIRC places priority on projects that:
- build on MSU's existing strengths;
- are focused around university and college strategic research priorities;
- are forward-looking and high impact
- integrate with scholarship; and
- have a high return on investment.
The Office's primary support will be given to projects:
- that focus on MSU's international/global research priorities in food, sustainable environment and development, health and nutrition, and education;
- that have the potential to generate significant external funding.