The Office of International Research Collaboration (OIRC) uses its knowledge of Michigan State University's faculty and international involvement to advance MSU's international/global research (http://www.vprgs.msu.edu) strengths.
The Office helps assemble and support transdisciplinary research teams to address international and global problems. This assistance allows research teams to effectively and quickly respond to viable and important international research opportunities.
OIRC services are designed to bridge institutional research facilitation gaps by combining the university's international research capacity with its vast network of collaborators throughout the world.
- Conduct market research on funders, awardees and research topics
- In collaboration with ISP centers:
- Identify multi-disciplinary collaborators at MSU
- Identify potential partners (e.g., other universities, NGPs, strategic partners abroad)
- Support single PI projects when the intent is to develop a multi-disciplinary proposal
- Share sample proposals, letters of interest/intent
- Provide guidance on proposal development strategies
- Evaluate proposal parameters & appropriateness for target sources of funding
- Prepare agendas, contact lists, schedules & necessary matrices for collaborators
- Create proposal development & narrative writing timelines
- Establish & maintain clear communication systems with proposal team members
- Provide budget preparation assistance
- Troubleshoot with team members & agency or foundation program officers during the writing process
- Edit & format the proposal
- Track all proposal tasks to ensure compliance with deadlines
- Coordinate the budget, research compliance, & routing processes with MSU offices (Contracts & Grants Administration, IRB, etc.)
- Conduct workshops supporting pre-award international research proposal development