MSU international travelers should review the following information as soon as they know that they may travel abroad and well in advance of departure.
- Travel Authorization & Emergency Contact form is required for all MSU faculty, staff or non-Study Abroad students who engage in international travel for employment, research or study purposes.
Know Before You Go Abroad! (PDF)* is a critical source of health and safety information emergency phone numbers for all MSU international travelers, plus a list of things to do well in advance of travel abroad.
- Travelers Abroad Emergency Contact Database contains international itineraries and emergency contact information for faculty, staff, students and independent contractors going abroad on MSU business (not related to Study Abroad) and stores it electronically on a secure server. Once your overseas trip is registered in the database you will receive this Confirmation of Registration Memo (PDF)*.
- Safety in Study Abroad includes important safety information for students, staff and faculty who are participating in or leading MSU study abroad programs.
- MSU Travel Office is a resource for MSU business travelers and travel arrangers that contains documents on travel policies, latest travel news, contracted travel vendors, sample forms and links to outside sources of travel information.
- MSU Travel Clinic includes information on international immunizations and health-related advice pertaining to preparation for traveling abroad. This information should be viewed as soon as possible, due to necessary lead times for some immunizations!
- MSU Risk Management and Insurance includes explanations about FontierMEDEX medical evacuation and travel assistance services.
- MSU Global Edge Travel/Living Abroad page includes links to a variety of websites with tips for travel abroad concerning health, language, jobs, maps and government.
- Study Abroad Risk and Security Assessment Committee is a University-level working group that reviews study abroad programs for safety and security concerns. Its purpose is to minimize potential sources of risk to the extent feasible at study abroad sites.
*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to read PDF documents.