Travel Registry

Faculty, staff and students traveling internationally on university business who are not part of an Office Study Abroad program must be registered in the Travelers Abroad Database. This allows the university to share important health and safety information pre-departure, and to provide emergency services if necessary.


Who Must Register

MSU units or departments are responsible for registering international travelers in the database using information provided on the Pre-Trip Authorization form. Once the overseas trip is registered in the database the traveler will receive a confirmation email.

Access to the Travelers Abroad Database

Contact your department or unit's travel administrator to confirm you're being registered in the Travelers Abroad Database. If your department or unit is not yet using the database, the travel administrator should contact the International Health and Safety Intern by email or telephone (517-884-2174) to obtain access.

Please provide 1) the name of the college, department, or office; 2) the name(s), e-mail address(es), and NetIDs of the travel administrator(s) requiring access to the database; and 3) the unit's 8-digit MAU/CUC.

For more information on international travel health and safety, visit the Office of International Health and Safety website.