Fulbright Student Programs

To help students develop competitive applications, MSU offers advising to students who are applying for Fulbright programs. Contact the MSU Fulbright Program Adviser to schedule an appointment.

Each Fulbright opportunity for MSU students and recent graduates is briefly outlined below; follow the link to learn more about a specific program.

Fulbright US Student Program (IIE)

The two most common Fulbright programs to which MSU students and recent graduates apply are administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE) and funded by the US Department of State. These programs are:


Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad (DDRA) Program

Available only to doctoral candidates, the DDRA program offers approximately 150 awards each year for six to 12 months to support dissertation research outside of Western Europe. This program is funded by the US Department of Education.